Questions to Ask Your Dentist About a Smile Makeover
posted: Jan. 18, 2022.
If you are thinking about getting a smile makeover, you probably have concerns about which treatments are most effective and how much time it will take before you get the results you want. How extensive a smile makeover is depends on the severity of the dental issues the patient has.
A smile restoration for a person with many problems will usually require more treatments than one for a patient who is only dealing with one or two issues.
Questions to ask before your smile makeover
Patients are advised to prepare any questions when they come in for a smile makeover. Here are a few questions they should ask during their appointment:
- Do you have "before" and "after" photos of past smile makeover patients? - This question helps patients figure out if they are talking to the right dentist for their needs. Most experienced dentists are happy to show pictures of their past clients since this gives them an opportunity to show off their skills. Going over these photos will let the patient know if the person is the right dentist for them. It also gives the patient an idea of the type of results to expect. A dentist refusing to show such photos is a major red flag.
- What can be done to make the results last? - What is the point of spending money on a smile makeover if the results will not last? Patients should talk to the dentist about how they plan to make the restorations last for over five years. Questions about the longevity of any prosthetic the dentist plans to use should also be raised.
- What oral problems can smile makeovers fix? - Virtually any dental problem can be fixed nowadays. Issues like broken, chipped, discolored or knocked-out teeth can be quickly addressed by a dentist. Regardless of how bad the condition of a person's teeth is, a cosmetic dentist can make them red-carpet worthy.
- Will the results look real? - Most of the prosthetics used in dentistry are designed to look like natural teeth. That means the results of any treatments performed will not look unnatural in any way. The patient will simply get their teeth restored, so it seems like they were born with great teeth.
- How long does the process last? - The length of a smile makeover depends on the severity of the problems being addressed. For example, some patients might only need treatments that can be performed during a single visit to the dentist, while others might need to come in multiple times for treatment. Patients should find out how long their treatment is expected to last so they can plan accordingly.
Start your smile makeover
Stop by our Stafford office if you are not pleased with the appearance of your teeth or have any other dental issues. Our dentist will evaluate you and provide a treatment plan that addresses all your concerns.
Request an appointment here: https://www.drjenniferkan.com or call Fountains Family Dental: Dr. Jennifer Kan DDS at (281) 277-6453 for an appointment in our Stafford office.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.